WHO WE ARE
eco-kids began in 2008 in Maine by its founders Kip and Cammie Weeks. Their first product was eco-dough, a natural nontoxic alternative to Playdough. Over the next few years they expanded to include several more natural, plant-based, eco-friendly packaged creative tools and art supplies for kids.
eco-kids was purchased in late 2019 by Roxanne Quimby, the co-founder of Burt’s Bees. Roxanne has continued to grow the product selection with its original motto “creative play the natural way” at the heart of the company.
The company has since moved its operations to Raleigh, NC where 90% of their products are currently made.
WHAT WE DO
eco-kids creates safe and effective children’s art materials that support the freedom of exploration, the joy of discovery, and the development of non-verbal, visual language.
We aim to:
* Simplify children's toys.
* Remove gender/race biases from children's products.
* Create time and space for a child's inner journey.
* Emphasize the joy of discovery, imagination, creation and learning.
* Reduce screen time.
* Reduce/eliminate unsustainable ingredients, packaging and practice.
* Reduce plastic use.
We invite you to enjoy the pleasure of introducing your family to the Eco-Kids collection of wholesome, healthy and unique arts and crafts supplies.